Our Investment Philosophy
Our investment philosophy is based on our belief that the most important investment decision an investor can make is not which investment to buy, but rather, how assets should be allocated based upon the investor’s attitudes, objectives, circumstances and risk-taking tolerance.
Our goal is to help you preserve what is most important to you and your family. Through our strategic approach to asset allocation and investment planning, we develop strategies to:
- Consider income needs over time
- Manage risk in line with your goals and time horizon
- Maintain a portfolio that has the potential to generate growth and outpace inflation
To accomplish this, we identify your short and long-term objectives, income needs, time lines and comfort with risk. We then work with you to create an investment portfolio customized to better address your personal aspirations. We utilize a broad range of investment managers and strategies for pursuing your goals.
A tactical and strategic approach is important to investment management
For years the “buy and hold” method of investing was the rule of thumb for many investors and their advisors. However, an increasingly global economy and dramatic fluctuations in world markets have underscored the vulnerability of many portfolios during down market cycles. Many investors approaching retirement simply don't have time to wait for their assets to recover from losses, and withdrawing assets during a down cycle can cost dearly, potentially derailing your retirement plans.
Our strategies are designed to help capture growth when the market is rising and protect capital when the market is falling.
- We strive for a deep understanding of the fundamental aspects of the economy, markets and instruments in which we invest.
- Using technical analysis, we monitor metrics such as price, momentum and volume, all of which help to reveal entry and exit points.
- Based on these proprietary tools, we employ a strict buy and sell discipline.
- We closely monitor each portfolio and adjust your allocation mix as the market cycle evolves.
- By monitoring market trends and adjusting your allocation accordingly, we can more effectively manage risk and preserve your investments from today’s market volatility.
No strategy ensures a profit or guarantees against loss. Investing involves risk including possible loss of principal. Tactical allocation may involve more frequent buying and selling of assets and will tend to generate higher transaction costs. Investors should consider the tax consequences of moving positions more frequently. This is no "right" time to enter or exit the market. There is no guarantee that the investment objective mentioned here will be met.